An obituary is the final statement about a person’s accomplishments in life. What greater accomplishment than saving or enhancing the life of another?
Many donor families wish to acknowledge their loved one’s decision to be an organ, eye, and tissue donor and share it with the community in the obituary. This is a wonderful way for a family to honor their loved one’s generous decision and to spread the life-saving message of donation and transplantation.
Suggested Obituary Language
- In keeping with Mr. Smith's loving and generous spirit, it was his decision to donate life so others may live it.
- As an organ, eye, and tissue donor, the Smith family would like to acknowledge that John gave the most precious gift anyone could give; the gift to save the lives of his fellow man.
- In lieu of the usual remembrances, the family requests donations in John's memory be directed to The Living Legacy Foundation, 1730 Twin Springs Rd. Suite 200 Baltimore MD 21227.
- Mr. Smith gave in death as he gave in life; he was an organ, eye, and tissue donor.
- Mr. Smith gave the gift of life through organ, eye, and tissue donation.
- Mr. Smith was a caring and giving person; he continued that in death through the gift of organ, eye, and tissue donation.
- John was an organ, eye, and tissue donor.
- John's final act was to give the gift of life through organ, eye, and tissue donation.