Infinite Hope Scholarship Rules:
- All entrants must be a current high school senior who both resides AND attends high school, or are home schooled, in the state of Maryland in one of the following counties; Allegany County, Carroll County, Harford County, St. Mary's County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County, Howard County, Somerset County, Baltimore City, Kent County, Talbot County, Baltimore County, Dorchester County, Washington County, Calvert County, Frederick County, Wicomico County, Caroline County, Garrett County, Queen Anne's County, and Worcester County, and plan to attend a college, university, or community college in the 2019 fall semester. You are not eligible for the scholarship if you reside and attend high school (or home schooled) in Prince Georges, Charles, or Montgomery counties, or anywhere else outside the aforementioned counties/cities. Maryland residents in Prince Georges, Charles, or Montgomery counties may be eligible for Legacy of Life scholarship from Washington Regional Transplant Community.
- The following are ineligible to participate: employees of The LLF and their family members, as well as family members of those who serve on The LLF Board of Directors, and any of The LLF committees or councils.
- The submission form must be completed and submitted, with all required attachments, by the deadline. Incomplete forms will lead to disqualification.
- Both submission form and project must be submitted here by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019. Date and time when the submission was sent (not received) will govern eligibility. Only submissions to that link will be accepted.
- All scholarship winners will be invited to attend one of the quarterly staff meetings held at The LLF office for a proper presentation of the award.
- Up to four applicants will be awarded scholarships of $1,000 each to be used towards their college education. Winners only will be contacted directly by May 3, 2019. Only after all winners are notified will the winners be posted and shared on www.TheLLF.org/scholarship and The LLF social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the university or college which the winner attends by October 31, 2019. The money awarded will paid in one lump sum and must be used to pay for tuition, books, and/or other billed directly by the institution. The scholarship will be forfeited if the winner does not claim the scholarship by October 31, 2019, or if the student is not enrolled in and attending college or university in the Fall 2019 semester. Funds cannot be paid after October 31, 2019. Instructions for payment directly to the institution will be sent after the winners are announced.
- An individual student may apply for one scholarship per year; only one entry per student will be allowed.
- All entries, essays, videos, ideas, and all rights to their publication become the property of The LLF which may use, edit, and excerpt these entries for promotional or any other purpose, including use on any The LLF social or digital media without attribution or compensation.
- The LLF and its panel of judges reserve the right to award all scholarships (four in all), fewer (less than four), or none based on the number of qualified applicants and their eligibility, sustainability, and quality. Any entry deemed inappropriate, unsuitable, or otherwise ineligible may be disqualified at The LLF's sole discretion. The decisions of The LLF and the judges are final.
- The LLF reserves the right to deny payment of the scholarship if any of the above rules and criteria are not met. The scholarship is paid only at the sole discretion of The LLF.